Blogger Layouts

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Enchanted- Part of Chapter 1

Enchanted by me COPYRIGHT! (c)

Please be wary this is not finished and some wording may have changed once I post the rest of the chapter. At the moment, this is only part of the story I have on me.

Comments please?.



Chapter One: First Meeting

I awake, the sanitary smell of the antiseptic is in the air- I recognize the foul stench from the last root canal I had. My eyes fix themselves on the empty beds on the other side of the room as my breathing begins to quicken.

“Hey, hey calm down,” says a smooth voice- one that I don’t recognize. “You’re in the hospital.”

My breathing continues to get faster as I desperately try to remember what happened. The stranger gazes at me intently, but behind that, he does not look pleased to be here.

“Who are you?” I ask my fingers clutching my sheets worriedly. “Why are you here?”

“I’m Thomas,” He says in a tone I would place as irritated, but for what reason I was unsure. “I was sent here.”

Taking in a deep breath slowly, I ease myself into a sitting position and study the stranger with great curiosity. He looks a little over six foot two and dark hair frames his face. His icy blue eyes stare at me and his lips are firmly pressed together as if he’s annoyed to be here with me.

Looking around, I feel confused. Nothing makes sense, every time I try to remember what happened that I ended up here, I draw a blank. I find myself even more worried to be here in the hospital even though it’s supposedly safer.

Is any of this real? Is any of this normal?

“Yes and yes.” Thomas answers interrupting my thoughts. I study him floored.

“What?”

Thomas grabs a chair from the other side of the room, sets it down and then sits, his eyes watching me with great amusement.

“Yes, this is real. Completely real actually.”

I don’t like the cheek in his tone or the fact his eyes seem to look me up and down in a somewhat sexual manner. I cross my arms around my chest defensively.

“Hmm. Sal did mention you were quite amusing Alex.”

“What.”

Sal- who is Sal? Who is Thomas and what does he know that I don’t? Why does he know what I am thinking?

Sal is my boss,” He uses the term loosely as if he is unsure. “And I’m here to fulfill my destiny.”

“This is absolute garbage!” I shout enraged. I don’t care if the orderlies rush in to see what all this fuss is about or if I’m acting like a deranged bitch. “Get. Out!”

I say each word firmly and with no room for argument.

“I would care who comes into this room, because there is a personal matter I need to discuss with you.”

“A personal matter?! What kind of crap is this? I don’t even know who the hell you are, and you already know who I am!”

“I know more than that actually.” He replies coolly, his eyes lock with mine, I feel so drawn to Thomas, and I can’t look away.

“You see,” He begins sitting on the edge of my bed. “You are a witch, correct?”

The question catches me off guard. No one has ever actually said ‘you are awitch’- because that is ridiculous. Witches do not exist in today’s modern society, nor do elves, Santa Clause or fairies- so naturally this question throws me off, and makes me feel more than a little uncomfortable. Thomas raises a dark eyebrow, his eyes narrowing at me.

“I take it by your thoughts, you are.”

“But how did you-?”

“Know? Easily. I am supposed to know.”

Know what? This is ridiculous, why can’t this guy just leave me the hell alone!

“I can’t leave, because we need to talk about the matter at hand.”

“Would you stop doing that?” I say exasperatedly as I try to collect my thoughts carefully.

“What?” Thomas replies amused.

“Reading my thoughts! Damn it, it’s getting on my nerves,”

“Sorry,” He replies effortlessly.

“Look,” I say placing a strand of dark hair behind my ear. “I only found out a few weeks ago. I don’t know why I am even telling you this.”

“Because you don’t have a choice. Alex.”

“Would you just be quiet?” I shout as my patience is now out the window. This guy wants to make me scream.

“Go ahead and scream.” He says suddenly, “But it won’t do any good.”

I ignore his smart remark and the fact he can read my thoughts and continue on.

“There was this tension when I was growing up, and before my parents divorced, I found this book.”

Thomas is still, his eyes suddenly deeper than before, he nods his head politely as if a sign to continue.

“It was this weird book filled with many different words that I didn’t understand and then one night, I was looking through it, my mum found it and took it away.” My voice quivers as I continue. “A few weeks passed and dad looked everywhere for this stupid book. He said all these nasty things, and then he had to leave.”

“Why?” Thomas presses; his deep eyes lure me again to look back into them. They are the darkest of blue and they seem almost hypnotizing.

“Uh…” I try to speak but his eyes continue to change into a deeper colour and for some reason I can’t look away. Blinking but still not removing my gaze I swallow.

“My mother found something out about him. At first I thought it was another woman, but then as I got older, I found out that my dad had been part of this so called ‘club’ and one of its members had been killed.”

“Mmmm.” Thomas mutters with no emotion.

Stupid Jerk, if he didn’t want to hear this, why did he ask?

“I-”

“I don’t want to hear it.” I say cutting him off, my voice terse. Thomas’ long dark lashes flutter as he blinks and then he nods again.

“The book has been hidden, but my sister and I were alone one night having dinner, and then the strangest thing happened… My sister and I were stressed about my parents divorce and I guess, without meaning to…we summoned the book to us. We didn’t mean to, we were looking for some detergent and then we found it underneath the kitchen sink hidden underneath some old cleaning rags.”

“Mmmmm.” I can tell Thomas’ patience is wearing thin but I don’t care. He wants to disrupt my life with his barging in and his mysterious ‘gifts’ then he has to at least listen to my side of the story.

“It was glowing, purple. Like a light was being shone directly onto it. My sister and I looked through the book, I hadn’t seen it by then in years, and my sister had only ever heard about it, she had never actually turned the pages or seen it. After awhile, we closed the book and there were these tiny dents on the front, it looked as if someone had gripped the book with so much force so their fingers left this little indentation as if they were struggling to hold onto it for some reason.”

“Then what happened?”

“My sister and I ran our fingers along these dents and then everything seemed to go black. I don’t know why, but then after that, I have been able to move objects with my mind and in some cases I have increased speed.”

“Right. So where is your sister now?”

“On holidays, we haven’t exactly talked since after my parents split.”

Thomas suddenly raises himself from his sitting position beside my bed and walks towards the door.

“Hey, hey wait a minute!” I object. “You can’t leave until you tell me what the hell has happened here!”

He smiles wickedly; a chill makes its way down my spine slowly.

“Do you really want to know?”

“Yes,” I say biting my lip, I know I am afraid but I have to know. “Please.”

“You were stabbed.”

“By what? What the hell did I do?”

“You didn’t do anything. It was a warlock.”

“What?”

“I know it sounds crazy, but you are vulnerable in this world now.”

“What world?”

“Yours.” He replies simply. Terror seems to slip down my throat and makes its way down to my stomach, twisting and churning relentlessly.

“But-”

“I have to go.” Thomas insists his voice is abrupt and cold. A tear makes its way down my cheek. Fear is swirling around in my mind and there is this horrible knot in my stomach.

“But, when will I see you again.”

That was a stupid question, but he is a stupid person…or thing. Whatever. It does not matter who or what this guy is, I need him so I can get more information on this so called ‘matter’.

“Soon enough.”

“What…” I pause as images begin to flood my mind as my heart beat increases in seconds. “…what if something happens to me again.” I choke out the words, fear beginning to consume me whole.

“Don’t worry.” He says coolly. “I’ll be there.”

He disappears into thin air. The room as dark as it is, so it is possible he used the door, but I didn’t hear him open it or it close. These are the last thoughts I’m having before I fall into a deep, deep sleep.

1 comments:

Marie McGrath (The Joy of Fashion) said...

I absolutely love it! As soon as I started reading the first chapter I was hooked to read more. Its very well written, good job!

Post a Comment